The last week of the Tour de France will be returning to the Pyrenees. It’s been over 3 years now since the Tour finished with Pyrenean mountain stages and a rare occasion for us to spend some time in the French Pais Basque green pasture mountains.
We will start this southern France journey with a couple days in the pink cité of Toulouse riding the Midi-Pyrenées followed with five days in the Basque Pyrénées including an individual time trial in the famous commune of Espelette. As usual, we will go celebrate the grand finale on the Champs Elysées. Don't miss on joining us for a another Steve Bauer Bike Tours Signature Experience in following one of the greatest sport event in the world.
- 6 days of riding;
- 7 night in 4 * star accommodations;
- All Breakfasts;
- 5 Dinners with selected wines;
- Ride the Basque Pyrenees;
- Fully supported and guided rides;
- Well thought logistic;
- SBBT deigned and reviewed cycling route itinerary;
- En route water, electrolytes, energy bars, fruits and snack;
- SBBT Jersey;
- Cycling bottles;
- Unforgettable memories....
Airport Pick Up
Arrival | July 23, 2018 | Toulouse, Blagnac International Airport (TLS)
Departure | July 30, 2018 | Paris, Charles De Gaulle International Airport (CDG)
Accommodation & Meals
- 4* Star Accommodations in Toulouse, near St-Jean-Pied-de-Port and in Paris.
- All Breakfasts to sustain your energy for the rides.
- Lunches are not included as most of time you will be on the road riding. After the ride you are free to grab something where we will end our route and while we are waiting for the tour to come buy.
- There will be 5 group dinners with pre-selected wines. The two other nights, dinner it at your own charge. Feel free to go where you want. We will also be able to give the group some suggestions.
Ride & Race viewing
We will ride every day except on Sunday in Paris. Although you will be free to jump on one of the Vélib in Paris and ride around town in the morning before we head on the Champs Elysées' tribunes.
As soon as you land in Toulouse we will go for short warm up ride. During the following five days we will be climbing several pyrenean cols and some of the most spectacular Basque country. Just be heads up for the sheeps along the route.
Besides arrival day, every day we will be able to catch the race live.
Day 1 | Arrival | Monday July 23, 2018
We will welcome you in Toulouse where we will stay in the heart of the cité for a couple nights. During the afternoon a warm up ride in the Ariège will be perfect to get rid of the jet lag.
Ride km | 45-50 Dinner | SBBT
Day 2 | Tuesday July 24, 2018
Stage 16 - Carcasonne - Bagnière de Luchon - 218 km
Time to catch some of the Tour. We will tackle our first real Pyrenean climbs with the Col de Portest d'Aspet 1069m and Col de Menté 1349m.
Ride km: 75-90 Alt Gain: +/-1895m Dinner: On your own
..... Full itinerary available upon request.
Day 7 | Sun. July 29, 2018
Stage 21 - Paris
Lets go watch the grand finale on Champs Elysées
Ride km: 0 Dinner: on your Own in Paris....
Day 8 | Departure | Mon. July 31, 2018
Transfer to CDG Airport or why not stay for a couple more days in the city of lights...
We look forward to sharing our Passion for Biking™ with you!
Request Full Itinerary
*This itinerary detail is accurate but subject to change to sole discretion of Steve Bauer Bike Tours Inc. Any changes to this itinerary will not diminish the quality of this trip and will be communicated to the guest you have book this trip.
Website, all trip and tour itineraries and photos are Copyrights © of Steve Bauer Bike Tours Inc.